I am working on my ph.d. thesis in the domain of representational ( higher order ) theories of consciousness.
About the research
Some Issues I Am working on:
Theoretically providing the machinery that selects between of mental states and feeds them for higher-order representation, rendering them phenomenal conscious.
Developing an account of free will, on the basis of positive reinforcement and heuristics.
Introducing a distinction in Qualia akin to the "total phenomenal unity thesis" proposed by Bayne and Chalmers.
Investigating how theory of mind, abtract thinking and deliberation are tied to similation-theory, and in particular to qualia.
- Kirkeby-Hinrup, A. (2017). Empirical data in the philosophy of mind: free will, higher-order thought, and misrepresentation. Lund University Press, Lund, Sweden. Dissertation.
- Brinck, I. & Kirkeby-Hinrup, A. (2017). Change blindness in higher-order thought : Misrepresentation or good enough?. Journal of Consciousness Studies, 24, 50-73. Imprint Academic.
- KIRKEBY-HINRUP, A. (2016). Change Blindness and Misrepresentation. Disputatio, 8, 1-20. The Philosophy Centre of the University of Lisbon.
- Kirkeby-Hinrup, A. (2015). How choice blindness vindicates wholeheartedness. Organon F, 22, 199-210. Institute of Philosophy of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
- Kirkeby-Hinrup, A. (2014). How to get free will from positive reinforcement. SATS Northern European Journal of Philosophy, 15, 20-38. De Gruyter.
- Kirkeby-Hinrup, A. (2014). Why the rare Charles Bonnet cases are not evidence of misrepresentation. Journal of Philosophical Research, 39, 301-308. Philosophy Documentation Center.