A discussion on what is beyond, behind and after ‘don’t be evil’
March 18, 2014 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
At the Department of Philosophy in the Kungshuset building, University of Lund
Starting from a critical discussion on Google and existing and imagined alternatives, the symposium aims at addressing questions surrounding Google’s position in today´s culture of search:
- Why does Google dominate the search landscape?
- Who cares and should we care?
- Does Google shape how we see the world?
- Which relevant aspects and alternatives are part of today’s search engine landscape?
- What is the role of the semantic web?
- Where is open data’s place in all that? What does it all mean for how we access, use and produce information?
Keynote by Professor Dirk Lewandowski – Alternatives to Google
Critical, technically informed, theoretically grounded, accessible and hopefully thought provoking – All welcome!