Research area: vocal communication, emotions.
I'm looking at the way humans can express and interpret emotional states without using language (non-linguistic vocalizations such as laughing and screaming) - the informational content of such sounds, their universality and evolutionary roots. You will find more information about the research, publications and ongoing experiments on my page at www.cogsci.se
About the research
I'm looking at the way humans can express and interpret emotional states without using language (non-linguistic vocalizations such as laughing and screaming) - the informational content of such sounds, their universality and evolutionary roots. My supervisors are Christian Balkenius and Tomas Persson. You will find more information about the research, publications and ongoing experiments on my page at www.cogsci.se
- Anikin, A. (2019). Soundgen : An open-source tool for synthesizing nonverbal vocalizations. Behavior Research Methods, 51, 778-792. The Psychonomic Society.
- Anikin, A. (2019). The perceptual effects of manipulating nonlinear phenomena in synthetic nonverbal vocalizations. Bioacoustics.
- Anikin, A. & Johansson, N. (2019). Implicit associations between individual properties of color and sound. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics, 81, 764-777. Springer.
- Lima, C. F., Anikin, A., Monteiro, A. C., Scott, S. K. & Castro, S. L. (2019). Automaticity in the recognition of nonverbal emotional vocalizations. Emotion, 19, 219-233. American Psychological Association (APA).
- Pinheiro, A., Lima, D., Albuquerque, P., Anikin, A. & Lima, C. (2019). Spatial location and emotion modulate voice perception. Cognition and Emotion. Taylor & Francis.
- Anikin, A., Persson, T. & Arnling Bååth, R. (2018). Human Non-linguistic Vocal Repertoire : Call Types and Their Meaning. Journal of Nonverbal Behavior, 42, 53-80. Springer.
- Oliva, M. & Anikin, A. (2018). Pupil dilation reflects the time course of emotion recognition in human vocalizations. Scientific Reports, 8. Nature Publishing Group.
- Anikin, A. & Lima, C. (2017). Perceptual and acoustic differences between authentic and acted nonverbal emotional vocalizations. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology. Taylor & Francis.
- Anikin, A. & Persson, T. (2017). Nonlinguistic vocalizations from online amateur videos for emotion research : A validated corpus. Behavior Research Methods, 49, 758-771. The Psychonomic Society.
- Gidlöf, K., Anikin, A., Lingonblad, M. & Wallin, A. (2017). Looking is buying. How visual attention and choice are affected by consumer preferences and properties of the supermarket shelf. Appetite, 116, 29-38. Elsevier.
Conference contributions (2)
- Oliva, M., Anikin, A. & Balkenius, C. (2017). Pupil dilation reflects the time course of perceptual emotion selection. In Arweström Jansson, A., Axelsson, A., Andreasson, R. & Billing, E. (Eds.) Skövde University Studies in Informatics (pp. 15-15), 2017. University of Skövde.
- Anikin, A., Nirme, J., Alomari, S., Bonnevier, J. & Haake, M. (2015). Compensation for a large gesture-speech asynchrony in instructional videos. In Ferré, G. & Tutton, M. (Eds.) (pp. 19-23).
- Anikin, A., Rudling, M., Persson, T. & Gärdenfors, P. (2018). Synesthetic Associations Between Voice and Gestures in Preverbal Infants : Weak Effects and Methodological Concerns. PsyArXiv.
- Anikin, A. (2017). soundgen : Parametric Voice Synthesis.