For more information about who I am and what I do please go to my private website. (The link is furthest down on the right).
The blog is updated about once a month.
About the research
My areas of interest are formal epistemology and philosophy of science
- Masterton, G. (accepted/in press). The Only Probability is Verbal Probability. Metaphysica. Springer.
- Masterton, G. & Olsson, E. J. (2018). From Impact to Importance : the Current State of the Wisdom-of-Crowds Justification of Link-based Ranking Algorithms. Philosophy and Technology, 31, 593-609. Springer.
- Masterton, G. & Olsson, E. J. (2018). PageRank's Ability to Track Webpage Quality: Reconciling Google’s Wisdom-of-Crowds Justification with the Scale-free Structure of the Web. Heliyon, 4. Elsevier.
- Landes, J. & Masterton, G. (2017). Invariant Equivocation. Erkenntnis, 82, 141-167. Springer.
- Masterton, G., Zenker, F. & Gärdenfors, P. (2017). Using conceptual spaces to exhibit conceptual continuity through scientific theory change. European Journal for Philosophy of Science, 7, 127-150. Springer.
- Masterton, G., Olsson, E. J. & Angere, S. (2016). Linking as Voting : How the Condorcet Jury Theorem in Political Science is Relevant to Webometrics. Scientometrics. Akademiai Kiado.
- Masterton, G. (2015). Equivocation for the Objective Bayesian. Erkenntnis, 80, 403-432. Springer.
- Masterton, G. (2014). The Only Probability is Verbal Probability. Metaphysica, 15, 69-84. Springer.
- Masterton, G. (2014). Topological variability of collectives and its import for social epistemology. Synthese, 191, 2433-2443. Springer.
- Masterton, G. (2014). What to do with a forecast?. Synthese, 191, 1881-1907. Springer.
- Masterton, G. (2013). Understanding Admissibility. Kairos. Journal of Philosophy and Science, 6, 71-90.
- Masterton, G. (2012). Physical Necessity and Necessity Tout Court. Metaphysica, 13, 175-182. Springer.
Book chapters (1)
- Masterton, G. & Olsson, E. J. (2013). Argumentation and belief updating in social networks: a Bayesian approach. College Publications.
Conference contributions (1)
Print Oct. 17, 2019 of https://www.fil.lu.se/en/department/staff/person/GeorgeMasterton/