- Theoretical Philosophy
- Department of Philosophy
Phone +46 46 222 85 88
Helgonavägen 3, Lund
Box 192, 221 00 Lund
Internal post code 30
Post-doctoral researcher with 15+ experience in teaching philosophy in France, both in high school (1995-2011, general curriculum) and University (2004-2009, logic, epistemology & decision/game theory).
Between March 2011 and March 2013, I have been working as a post-doctoral researcher (with a 2-years VR grant) in Theoretical Philosophy, on a project that studied inquiry using both tools from formal epistemology, and results from empirical research on human reasoning.
Since March 2013, I have been a member of the interdisciplinary framework project "Knowledge in a Digital World" whose project leaders are Prof. Erik J. Olsson (Lund, Theoretical Philosophy) & Prof. Olof Sundin.
- Rahman, S., Tulenheimo, T. & Genot, E. (2008). (Eds.) Unity, Truth and the Liar. Logic, Epistemology and the Unity of Science, XXIV. Springer.
- Genot, E. J. (accepted/in press). The Holmesian logician : Sherlock Holmes’ “Science of Deduction and Analysis” and the logic of discovery. Synthese. Springer.
- Genot, E. J. & Jacot, J. (2020). The brain attics : the strategic role of memory in single and multi-agent inquiry. Synthese, 197, 1203-1224. Springer.
- Genot, E. J. (2018). Strategies of inquiry : The ‘Sherlock Holmes sense of deduction’ revisited. Synthese, 195, 2065-2088. Springer.
- Genot, E. & Jacot, J. (2017). Logical Dialogues with Explicit Preference Profiles and Strategy Selection. Journal of Logic, Language and Information, 26, 261-291. Springer.
- Genot, E. & Olsson, E. J. (2017). Do we Trust Blindly on the Web?. Iride: Journal of Philosophy and Public Debate, 30, 87-105. Il Mulino publishing house.
- Jacot, J., Genot, E. & Zenker, F. (2016). From reasonable preferences, via argumentation, to logic. Journal of Applied Logic, 18, 105-128. Elsevier.
- Genot, E. & Jacot, J. (2012). How can questions be informative before they are answered?. Episteme, 9, 189-204. Edinburgh University Press.
- Genot, E. (2009). The game of Inquiry : the interrogative approach to inquiry and belief revision theory. Synthese, 171, 271-289. Springer.
Book chapters (5)
- Genot, E. & Olsson, E. J. (accepted/in press). The Dissemination of Scientific Fake News : On the Ranking of Retracted Articles in Google. In Bernecker, S., Flowerree, A. K. & Grundmann, T. (Eds.) The Epistemology of Fake News. Oxford University Press.
- Genot, E. & Gulz, A. (2016). The interrogative model of inquiry and inquiry learning. In Can, B. (Ed.) Perspectives on Interrogative Models of Inquiry: Developments in Inquiry and Questions (pp. 15-33). Springer.
- Angere, S., Olsson, E. J. & Genot, E. (2015). Inquiry and deliberation in judicial systems : the problem of jury size. In Baskent, C. (Ed.) Interrogative Models of Inquiry : Developments in Inquiry and Questions. Springer.
- Genot, E. (2011). The Best of All PossibleWorlds: Where Interrogative Games Meet Research Agendas. In Olsson, E. J. & Enqvist, S. (Eds.) Belief Revision Meets Philosophy of Science (pp. 225-252), 21. Springer.
- Genot, E. (2009). Extensive Questions. In Ramanujam, R. & Sarrukai, S. (Eds.) Logic and its applications (pp. 131-145), 5378. Springer.
Conference contributions (9)
- Genot, E. & Jacot, J. (submitted). Semantic Games for Algorithmic Players.
- Genot, E. (accepted/in press). A Computational Model of Wason's Selection Task.
- Genot, E. (2014). The Fall of Reichenbach.
- Genot, E. & Jacot, J. (2014). Game Semantics from a Cognitive Modeling Standpoint.
- Genot, E. & Jacot, J. (2014). Semantic games for first-order entailment with algorithmic players.
- Genot, E., Jacot, J. & Pärnamets, P. (2014). Fast & Loose: Resource-bounded Reasoning in Wason's Selection Task.
- Genot, E. & Pärnamets, P. (2013). Fast and Loose: Interpreting Wason's Selection Task (Part I: The Descriptive Case).
- Genot, E. (2012). Information Processing and Constraint Satisfaction in Wason’s Selection Task. In Larrazabal, J. M. (Ed.) Cognition, reasoning, emotion, Action. CogSc-12. Proceedings of the ILCLI International Workshop on Cognitive Science. (pp. 153-162). University of the Basque Country Press.
- Genot, E. & Jacot, J. (2012). Taking Problem-Solving Seriously.